My Skincare Routine

18:04

So the last time we talked was last year... I can't really explain my absence other than, life happened. But it's a Thursday afternoon and I just felt the urge to talk, so let's go! 

For the new year (#newme), I decided to get a bit proactive re: my skin. Between attempting a healthier diet, drinking more water and taking vitamins on the regular, my skin is really looking better. Instead of breaking out almost everyday, I'm just breaking out on the occasional period (which for someone who has dealt with bad skin since puberty, is amazing!) Anyway, I'm gonna talk through the main products I use as well to keep my skin clean and moisturized.


So firstly, to take my make up off I either use Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water or Clearasil's Refreshing Superfruit Wash. The Micellar water is great for gently removing heavy eye make up which is ideal for my eyes as they're pretty sensitive. The Clearasil also removes make up pretty easily but I use this one less regularly as it can be drying if I use it too much. I usually use these as part of my night-time routine!

Now onto moisturizers... I like to use the Garnier Dark Spot Corrector one pretty much in the morning and the evening everyday. Although I'm not sold on the 'illuminating' bit, it smells so good and sinks in to your skin so perfectly. It's the ideal consistency for me and a small amount will go a long way. The next one is Aveeno and this is a more heavy duty moisturizer for dry skin. This really helps with stubborn dry patches and I use it for the eczema on my eyelids. (Pro tip: I managed to get both of these in a pound shop as opposed to drugstores where they are way more expensive!)

The last three are kind of miscellaneous products; I use the Noxi Doxi serum base (that I received in a Glossybox) which is great at creating a smooth base ready for my make up. The L'Occitane face oil (again, received in a Glossybox) is something I use when my face is feeling particularly dry. I won't buy these products after they've finished though, as I can't justify the price so I'll just have to hunt for some good dupes!

And lastly, a product that I haven't actually tried yet is the Charcoal clay mask. I've heard charcoal is great for really cleaning your face and bringing out the dirt and I always like to have a face mask on hand for those pamper days!

That's all from me today.. I hope you're having a lovely day wherever you are and hopefully I'll talk to you soon. Beth xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe